Benefits of Using a Family Consultant from the Start of the Case: Use the Full Collaborative Team
- The family consultant is neutral and connects with each client prior to the first full meeting. When an intervention is needed the clients already know and trust the family consultant.
- Having a trained expert to facilitate emotional triggers, rather than having them escalate, saves time, money and is healthier.
- The collaborative lawyers feel secure knowing the family consultant will manage strong emotions throughout the entire process.
- The family consultant helps everyone model good communication, including problem-solving skills.
- A solid full team of experts is created to meet the legal, emotional and financial needs of the clients.
Lisa Broddle 11 March 2013